Cameron Creek Apartments - 29 Photos - Apartments - 5209 Bryant Irvin Rd, Wedgwood, Fort Worth, TX - Phone Number
4
5209 Bryant Irvin RdFort Worth, TX 76132
(817) 346-4541
I am not sure why this place is rated so low, I have lived here for about a month and haven't had any real issues. The apartments are a nice size for the price, cool little balcony, good appliances and parking isn't too bad either. This place has two pools, and very soon they will have a much larger and refurbished gym so that's awesome as well. Some things I would like to see are: being able to pay with a credit card, and having the mail room locked where you actually need some sort of key to get in and no that you can just walk up. Otherwise I have had a good experience here and would recommend it. Also see if you are a preferred renter to get money off your application fee (that is to say if you work a preferred job).
Honestly, it's not that bad of a place. We have had our issues and that's why we have given 3 stars, but overall, experience differ from person to person. Maintenance is amazing. They are really quick and don't mind fixing other little things when they come up to the apartment - Juan is really awesome at getting back with you promptly and he explains the issues and how he plans to fix them. Management is actually really nice and I genuinely enjoy talking with them - I don't feel like I'm talking to apartment management half of the time because they are so friendly. I've had one bad encounter with one lady from the front, but she has been pleasant ever since so she was probably having a bad day. My husband and I currently live in one of the apartments that isn't updated (you have to pay extra for an updated apartment) so we have all black appliances (I like that better than stainless, actually) wood linoleum flooring and newly re-finished countertops. It's not bad. Cabinet space in the kitchen is definitely lacking...there isn't a pantry so we're stuck piling stuff on top of the fridge and we actually bought a small bookcase to store things on since we are so tight on cabinet space. Directly outside of our back door (you have a front, back and balcony) the wood is rotting and actually breaking and falling down. They have it blocked off with caution tape so no one uses it, but we mentioned it about a month after we moved in and I think they're just now about to do something (I know you can't just say jump and have them jump) so we just don't use that door which is no biggie. DO NOT GET A 3RD FLOOR APARTMENT UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL TO SKYROCKET. The master bedroom is the hottest room in our apartment. We keep it set on 74 and during the summer our electricity bill was easily about 350 dollars a month. The A/C was having trouble keeping the apartment cool and would actually start leaking and floor our hall, maintenance got it fixed and we haven't had any issues with it since then. The closet doors are super flimsy but that's not a big deal. If you like having good water pressure you need to buy one of those shower heads that takes it from low pressure to high pressure because it's not very great. Plenty of space in the bathroom linen closet and under the sinks. Guest bathroom has plenty of cabinet and drawer space under the sink but there is no closet in there. Front closet is surprisingly large. Walls and floors are paper, paper thin. I feel so bad for the people below us because no matter how much I tiptoe you can still hear my footsteps and I have a 2 year old as well. LOVE that the washer and dryer connections are on the balcony. The pools were often dirty whenever we went to go swim in them so we just never really accessed the pools...haven't been to the gym or the laundry room at the office so I have nothing to say about that. My BIGGEST complaint is parking. I wish there were designated visitor parking areas and/or a rule in place that only resident vehicles could be parked directly outside of a building. I work nights, I'm 30 weeks pregnant and I frequently have to walk from 3-4 buildings over just to get home from where I had to park because there is literally zero parking. One of my neighbors who is living there alone has 3 freaking cars and all of them sit in the same place forever and it's frustrating. I don't pay almost 1100 a month to have to parking lot wars, so I definitely wish that there was a resident only and visitor parking options and parking security or something in place. They DO ask for makes and models of cars prior to move-in so I figured that was why but I guess not. I think this place is a really good temporary or in-between place to live. My husband and I are in the process of buying a house and this apartment complex has served it's purpose well.
If you like fleas in your apartment and dog (we've complained more than 3 times, pay for pest and pet control monthly as well) , mold, ratty kids with no respect running around screaming hanging around the stairs not moving for anyone acting like the hallways and stairs are their playground, trash being left out for days it begins to rot, people having no courtesy for their neighbors, the pools being closed down majority of the summer and when it is open those kids have taken over it, the gate being open 24/7 so anyone can just come in, I could seriously go on, this place is perfect for you! Seriously don't even think about moving here unless your apartment is in the front because we were fooled by the nice ones in the front. There's no parking, the inside is also terrible the bathtub is peeling and everything breaks, there's no privacy on your balcony and also if your upstairs neighbor smokes or has a dog they leave out on if it poops it'll drop down to your porch due to the quality of the boards separated. It's probably the worse apartment I have ever seen and lived in and trying to find a house to move to asap even while paying this current rent because we are so miserable. Do yourself a favor and don't even waste your time here. I will say the maintenance man is really sweet and is very quick to help repair.
These apartments are ok. They have updated carpet and appliances, but sprayed some paint on the counter tops and fire place that just chips off. The walls and floors are thin, very very thin. I can hear my neighbors tv, I hear them talking, I hear them sneeze. The neighbors below me smoke cigarettes and pot and I can smell both since it flows through my closed door and it fills my living room every time they smoke. These don't come with lights or ceiling fans so be prepared to buy lots of lamps because they don't have much for windows to allow daylight either. In the two bedroom one bath there are two windows and one glass door so not much daylight comes in. I have had to have maintenance out to fix the flow of water in my place a couple times. Today I did it myself and once I took the faucet head off there was so much hard water built up in the faucet it was as large as fish tank rocks and filled my hand up when it came out. I haven't had this issue in another home in any other part of town, just here.
Comments
Post a Comment