Amazing Chicken Enchiladas

These Enchiladas are filled with lots of chicken, cheese and my secret ingredient, queso! They are simple to make and are loved by everyone. Give these chicken enchiladas a try tonight!

enchiladas

Sooooo, I have a love hate relationship with enchiladas. I love them oh so much! They are filled with cheese and chicken, covered in a simple sour cream sauce and then topped with more cheese and baked. What’s not to like?

Oh wait a minute. My pants don’t fit anymore because I went in for a sixth.

Oops?

To be quite honest, I’d take huge thighs for a pan of enchiladas any day. Actually, most foods I crave have me choose between bigger thighs or fill in the blank here. (Yesterday is was these cookies. Today is was this frosting. FROSTING!!)

And people wonder why I only post photos of myself from the waist up.

I’ve got a skinny waist aaaand that’s about the only think on my that could be considered skinny. I’ve got a mom body now and haven’t been to the gym in months so things are getting…..squishy. Ah, the joys of a part-time single mother.

But, again, life is too darn short to NOT eat the cookies, the frosting, the pizza, the cinnamon rolls, the pull apart bread or the pan of enchiladas. Dig in and indulge folks, cause this pan of food is worth enjoying. Not only is it filled with roasted chicken, but there is a quick sour cream sauce that gets poured over the top and covered with a bunch of cheese that will make you want to do nothing else but eat. I love a creamy-tangy sauce.

Anyways, here are a few photos of the process that I snapped. Don’t forget to grab the printable recipe below 😉

<a href=chicken enchiladas" width="700" height="1050" />

enchilada recipe

enchiladas

<a href=chicken enchiladas" width="700" height="1050" />

enchiladas

Helpful Recipe Tips & Links

(Some affiliate links below)

I used 3 chicken breasts that I roasted myself. After shredding, I had a scant 4 cups. If you wanted to buy a rotisserie chicken and shred that to save time, go right ahead!

My queso cheese sauce was pretty pourable coming right out of the fridge, however, if yours is more solid, microwave it briefly with the cream cheese (if that happens to be cold too) to soften them both up.

Feel free to use a red enchilada sauce in place of my homemade salsa verde one. Both are delicious!

And incase you were wondering, I wear these leggings all.the.time and they are so so so comfy and I am not ashamed. Yes, they are maternity. No, I am not pregnant. Yes, I wear the cropped. Yes, they fit me like regular leggings because I’m short.

image
Print
Amazing Chicken Enchiladas

These Enchiladas are filled with lots of chicken, cheese and my secret ingredient, queso! They are simple to make and are loved by everyone.

Yield: 7 large enchiladas

Prep Time: 30 minutes

Cook Time: 60 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1.25 lbs.)
  • 1 teaspoon fajita seasoning or cumin
  • salt & pepper, to taste
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup prepared queso cheese sauce
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • salt, to taste
  • 12 oz. shredded Mexican 3-cheese blend, divided
  • 7 fajita sized flour tortillas (8 inch size)
  • 12 oz. mild salsa verde
  • 1/2 cup sour cream

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place chicken breasts over top. Sprinkle both sides with fajita seasoning, salt, pepper and olive oil. Rub spices and oil into meat and bake 35-40 minutes or until completely cooked through. Set aside to cool.
  2. Shred chicken*, discarding any extra fat pieces or tough bits. Place into a large bowl. Combine with cream cheese, queso**, cumin and salt. Set aside.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk salsa verde with sour cream until mostly smooth. Spread about 1/4 cup of sauce across the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish.
  4. Fill 7 tortillas evenly with filling, add in about 2 tablespoons of cheese, roll, and place into baking pan. You should use all the chicken filling and 6 oz of cheese.
  5. Pour sauce overtop of enchiladas and top with remaining 6 oz. cheese.
  6. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is hot and bubbly. Serve hot.

*After my chicken was cooked and shredded, I have a scant 4 cups. If you wanted to buy a rotisserie chicken and shred that to save time, go right ahead!
**My queso was pretty pourable coming right out of the fridge, however, if yours is more solid, microwave it briefly with the cream cheese (if its cold too) to soften them both up.

These Enchiladas are filled with lots of chicken, cheese and my secret ingredient, queso! They are simple to make and are loved by everyone. Give these <a href=chicken enchiladas a try tonight!" width="600" height="2022" />

Shares 331

comments

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ghost estates that still haunt Ireland

Springfield police raid Worthington Street apartment, arrest 4 men on heroin and cocaine charges

Generic Sildalist (Sildenafil Citrate 100 mg + Tadalafil 20 mg)