Shots Fired in an Apartment Complex in McKinney, TX

nc 1It happened in my apartment complex Thursday afternoon in Mckinney, TX between 4pm-4:30pm. I did not arrive at my apartment until around 6:30pm, but from the pictures that I took, the police were still there quartering off part of the area with yellow tape. A total of six cop cars and two unmarked cars were there with detectives and forensics investigating the scene.

Upon walking up to one of the cops, he quickly told me that everything was ok and after I repeatedly asked him the question and told him that I lived here and had a right to know, he rose his tone and then said, if you want to know, talk to the manager of the complex.  

That would be nice, except that the manager of the complex was gone for the day. So I know that if I ask management what happened tomorrow, I will get a pass the ball response, in which they will most likely tell me to contact the police for information. Therefore, since it is going on now, I’d feel better to sleep at night if I knew what was happening NOW rather than tomorrow. The cop, however, refused to comment and kept saying, “I’m not at liberty to discuss anything. Just go back to your apartment.”

Not at liberty to discuss anything? Are you kidding me? YOU work for ME! I live at the complex. I have every RIGHT to know what is going on! Yet, the bastard refused and gave me that look that if I didn’t leave, he would find an excuse to arrest me.

Meanwhile, other people were standing around asking questions, but of course very few were willing to get together and ask the cops what is going on. They just stayed outside on their balcony or patio.

nc 2

I spoke with a resident who lives in the apartment near me who said that her friend works for the city and said that someone reported a gunshot and that’s why they were here. I then spoke with a resident who lives right next to the quartered off scene and she told me that she heard a crack in her window and got scared but didn’t know what happened.

Finally, I interviewed another resident who told me that he woke up from a nap around 4pm when he heard what sounded like a gunshot. When he came out to find out what was going on, the cops came with guns and told him to get back into his house.

ALL the residents that I spoke with who were there at the time of the incident stated that the cops surrounded the complex “almost like an army” when they arrived and came out with “big guns” (they couldn’t tell me if they were shotguns or rifles) and a battering ram, but they said they were ordered back into their houses. Not sure if they were really referring to SWAT, but it wouldn’t surprise me. However, there wasn’t any SWAT when I got there.

nc 3

The residents that I spoke to did not see or hear if anyone was shot or injured and there were no ambulances or fire trucks at the scene when I got there or anytime after. No one heard any argument or dispute going on at all, just that a shot was fired and nothing else. It all seemed somewhat strange to me.

However, they did say that the police had already taken a man away in a car around 4:30pm. At around 7pm, they took this other guy into custody, shown in the picture below.

nc 4

Don’t know who he is. Never met him.

Last week, I noticed we had a Mckinney police car patrolling our apartment complex in the evening almost every other day. One officer even drove by me in the afternoon when I came home from work and said hello to me, as I was getting my mail the one day. I just gave him a dirty look and walked away. Another car was even stationed out in the back of the complex on Saturday for some reason.

I was going to call the apartment complex Monday when they would be open again and ask them what the hell was going on, as this was not normal and felt Gestapo like, but I got sidetracked with some other things. Finally, after not seeing them around for awhile and just when I thought it was over, this happens four days later.

My guess was that there were reports of complaints last week and they were scoping out the area every couple days until this happened today.

Anyways, it’s just another exciting incident in the world of NC. Maybe I just have bad luck and always pick the wrong apartment complex to stay in or maybe things are getting crazier by the day. I really don’t know.

I must say though, that the apartment complex I stay in is generally located in a safe neighborhood area, so it is strange that something like this would happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The ghost estates that still haunt Ireland

Seven Casa Del Rio apartment units sold at launch

Generic Sildalist (Sildenafil Citrate 100 mg + Tadalafil 20 mg)